Complaints Policy

We endeavour to offer all our clients an efficient and effective service, and to charge a fair and reasonable amount for that. Should there be any aspect of our service with which you are unhappy, including our bills, we will also try to address the complaint promptly and effectively with the intention of reaching an outcome which is acceptable to both you and us.

In accordance with our Terms of Business, in the first instance your complaint should be made to the Partner with overall responsibility for your matter, whose name is given in the client care letter sent to you at the beginning of the matter. If you are still dissatisfied, you can contact our Complaints Partner in writing (by letter, fax or email).   His contact details are:

Client Services Partner, Ince Gordon Dadds LLP, Roger Peters, by email ( or post (Roger Peters, Ince Gordon Dadds LLP, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8QN, United Kingdom).

To help us to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:

  • your full name and contact details
  • what you think we have got wrong
  • what you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint, and
  • your file reference number (if you have it)


If you require any help in explaining your complaint we will try to help you.


How will you deal with my complaint?

We will provide you with a copy of this policy, and record your complaint centrally.


We will write to you, normally within three working days, acknowledging your complaint.

We will investigate your complaint. This will usually involve:

  • reviewing your complaint
  • reviewing your file(s) and other relevant documents, and
  • speaking with the person who dealt with your matter


We may also need to ask you to clarify your complaint in writing, or for further information or documents. If so, we will ask you to provide the information within a specific period of time.


We will update you on the progress of your complaint at appropriate times.


We may also, if appropriate, invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. You do not have to attend if you do not wish to or if you are unable to. We will be happy to discuss the matter with you on the telephone.


We will write to you at the end of our investigation to tell you what we have done and what we propose to do in response to your complaint. Where possible, we will aim to do this within 21 days of the date of our letter of acknowledgement.


What if I am not satisfied with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look into your complaint. You can contact the Legal Ombudsman:


You must usually refer your complaint within six months of our final written response to your complaint and within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining (or within three years after you become aware of it). Further details are available on the website:


The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.


Alternatively, for complaints of a regulatory nature you may contact:

In England & Wales – Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham B1 1RN, telephone: 0370 606 2555 email: Please see the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s website for further details:


Data processing

If the complaint relates to accessing your personal information, or a concern about the way we have handling your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Manager in the first instance at and we will investigate the matter for you.  If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your data unfairly or unlawfully, you can complain to the Supervisory Authority – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.  You can find further information about the ICO and its complaints procedure on the website:


What will it cost?

We will not charge you for handling your complaint.

Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill has not been paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding. We reserve the right at our discretion to take steps to recover the amount outstanding even if you have made a complaint.